Saturday, June 8, 2013

Dining Room mess

Well, I have to confess, it's usually a mess.  Magazines, loose papers and newspapers, books, loose photos and undeveloped film.  And in this photo, a plate of shrimp shells sitting on a New York Review of Books I used as a placement (I need to buy some real placemats but keep forgetting to).  An "Obama for President" glass from the Flying Saucer bar that I bought at the Goodwill store in Pine Bluff.  Also, similarly, the floor has stuff, mainly magazines, scattered about.  Gotta go home now and do some straightening up.  Unless something else comes up.
 
This is a very small sampling of my bookshelves.  I measured recently and have about 1,200 linear inches of bookshelf space.  Taking one inch as the average width of a book, which I think is pretty accurate, I have approximately 1,200 books now.  And yeh, one more on the way!  A collection of Robinson Jeffers' poetry.