Tuesday, March 12, 2024

Present Stereo Set-up

 


I repaired my 50 year old Advent speakers last year, replacing the "foam" ring on each woofer and replacing the old tweeters with new ones. Also used soap and water to clean the speaker grilles and let them dry in the sun for a day. The speakers sound great! Some of my albums are shown on the right, the rest are on the left out of sight. Crosby Still and Nash is on top of the right speaker, and King Crimson's In the Court of the Crimson King is framed and hanging on the wall. (Both albums were released in 1969. My King Crimson  copy is a bit scratched in places, so I also have the CD.) I bought this copy of the CS&N album recently at Been Around Records (it's in very good shape), but I bought my original copy in 1970, when I bought it and In the Court of the Crimson King as a new member of the Atlantic Record Club. The CD in front of the Technics record player and the Nakamichi cassette deck is Miles Davis Volume One. A Sony receiver, my only non-vintage piece of stereo equipment, is on the lowest shelf. The open book on the TV tray is vintage also: An Introduction to Probability Theory and Its Applications, Volume I, third edition, revised printing, June 1970, by William Feller (1906-1970).