Friday, October 9, 2015

NM & AZ October 2003 Set #4

 On the road to Grand Canyon, after Flagstaff.
 Parking lot behind convenience store and gift shop, last stop before El Canyone Grande.
 Same rainbow as previous shot.  I bought a silver necklace for my niece Amanda for her 16th birthday at the gift shop where this rainbow showed up.
End of the rainbow, beginning of Grand Canyon.




This last shot was the first I took after we left the Grand Canyon.

Friday—breakfast precipitated an argument over his fixing of pancakes while I was in the shower after I’d already eaten a PBJ sandwich. Left campsite fairly late, drove highway 180.  Had a big, late breakfast around 1 p.m. after we got on the road, at the Crown Railroad Café in or near Flagstaff.  Biscuits, gravy, eggs, hashbrowns. Total for two meals $12.07. Janice was our waitress.  Huge model train set not working.  We drove on to Grand Canyon, bought some stuff at grocery store (just strawberries for me). Clouds in canyon started clearing when we got there.  Desert View campground dark, rainy, wet, wet, wet.  Lost our reserved campsite to interloper, but got a better one and had small dinner at our new campsite. Just chips, salsa, and beer for me.