Thursday, December 17, 2020

38 sec video of my Pioneer RT-1050 reel-to-reel

 


This is the first song on a new 1970 mix tape I'm making. I made the old 1970 mix tape exactly 20 years ago. Last night, after I recorded this video, I made a new 80-minute tape of mixed 1970 songs, but it's not a keeper. Don't know when I'll get back to it. I've had the Maxell 10'' blank tape and take-up reel for about 22 years, but haven't recorded anything on them until now (I didn't have the necessary hub adapters until recently). The second song I'm using is Jimi Hendrix's "Machine Gun," recorded at the Fillmore East on New Year's Day (night) 1970. Hendrix was with his Band of Gypsys at the time: Buddy Miles, Billy Cox, and Hendrix. By the way, I just now found this:

Jimi Hendrix’s Landmark Final Album, Band Of Gypsys, Celebrated With Remastered 50th Anniversary Vinyl Editions