Saturday, December 12, 2015

Dogs, present and passed

 This one is a double-exposure slide, taken by my father in 1966 at our Cherry Street house, of our beagle named Nosey.  He was later exiled to life on the Trulock farm after biting a bicycle rider on Cherry Street. Beagles aren't supposed to chase or bite.  Nosey did.  My grandfather always called him Snoopy instead of Nosey.
This is a picture I took earlier this year of Mollie, Rita's beagle.  This chair originally belonged to Rita's great aunt in Dermott.
 A picture Rita took of Mollie.
 My dog Jessie on the floor by the bed in my back bedroom a few years ago.
 Jessie again, at the farm early this year or late last year.
One of the last photos I took of Jessie, in the dining room at my house about six months ago.  She died of a sudden heart weakness or similar acute circulation problem over the course of the day (and two visits to the vet) on October 12.

Photos except Nosey were taken with non-smart phones.