Thursday, December 3, 2015

Forrest Park Rangers 1965

 
Coach Tommy Bailey on the left.  Don't know the other coach's name. Cheerleaders: Margaret Lundy, Cindy Wooten, Marti Bellingrath, Jane McGeorge.  So many familiar faces I can't quite identify!  But I’ll start with the back row, and try to name as many as possible.  I’ve been in touch with Robbie McClaran (mcclaran.com) recently and thanks to him, I now have more names to put in. He also pointed out that Southwood Elementary had players on the Forrest Park team. If you see wrong identifications or can supply names I don’t have already, let me know!  Update November 2016: Names appearing in red were supplied recently by Phillip McNulty, tentatively. He suggested the player I identified as Frankie Wilson is actually Liam Waddle (first row).

Row 4:  me, David Meyers, Doug Clary, Bill Owen, Jim Kennedy, Grant Norwood, Mike Galster, Lee Smart, Curt (or Kurt) Patton, Dennis (Clegg) May, Sieg Johnson, Steve McIntyre, Burt Locke.

Row 3:  Scotty Mims, Greg Price, Bill Bodie, Mike Hart, George Puddephatt, Chuck Barrett, John (or Jimmy?) Sweatt, Pat Calkins, Mark Barrett?, ?, John Talbot?, ?.

Row 2:  ?, ?, Otis Lundy, Doug Tharp, George Baker?, Mike Tracy, Roger Smart, Steven Trulock, Meigs Brainard, ?, John Hooker?, Scott Heirs?, Chuck Sudduth, Bill Shepherd.

Row 1:  ?, Ralph Smith, Robbie McClaran, Richard Taylor?, Jimmy Achorn, Margaret, Cindy, Marti, Jane, Mike Joseph?, Frankie Wilson?, ?, Hyman Turpin, David Lee.  

Mike Tracy is in there somewhere, not sure which one. I would expect that Mark and Lane Townsend should be in there, and don't know why they aren't, unless they waited until they were older to start playing football?

Whether it was Steven or me who circled some people’s faces and put the X on Marti, I don’t recall, and don’t know what for, either.  Marti did go to girls’ prep school after the 8th grade and thus was no longer in the Pine Bluff School system.  Also I had a crush on her in that grade and tried to flirt with her, to no avail. But being that young, I don’t think I’d even be looking at an “old” picture from the 6th grade, much less marking on it.